Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to our frequently asked questions page!
If you cannot find the answer you are looking for please ask our friendly staff here.
I'm unsure what size to buy ?
If you have looked at our size chart and are inbetween sizes then we always recommend to measure your hips! There is a video in the size chart guide here on how to measure your hips. If you are still unsure or not sure if you have measured your hips correctly then you can ask our friendly staff here.
What is the material like?
Our emamaco shorts, leggings and tops are made of our uniquely engineered Supaflex material. So we made sure that it's one of the softest, smoothest pieces of clothing you will wear. It is so smooth that fluff and pet hair simply don't stick to it.
With the gym in mind the material is also light weight, breathable and moisture wicking.
Does hair and fluff stick to it?
No. We made sure that it's one of the softest, smoothest pieces of clothing you will wear. It is so smooth that fluff and pet hair simply don't stick to it.
Depending on how you wash your gear you may get some fluff on the stitching - but not on the main material.
I'm only 6 weeks pregnant, will the emamaco maternity range fit me?
Yes. The emama shorts, leggings and crop would fit you even if you were not pregnant. In fact they are often used as support for women in the weeks post pregnancy.
Will I be able to wear the emama shorts and leggings post natal/post pregnancy?
Yes. The high waisted band which supports you during pregnancy will also compress back into shape after you've given birth. The compression is designed to help aid post natal recovery.
Will the emama shorts and leggings help me with my sore back?
It depends on why your back is sore, you should most definitely consult with your doctor and/or physiotherapist to help get the right treatment. They may recommend that you purchase supportive, compression wear that is high waisted. This is where the emama shorts and leggings can help! emama shorts and leggings are also excellent at helping to prevent lower back and pelvic pain.
Will I need to buy a size up in my third trimester?
Our bodies change a tremendous amount in pregnancy and it can be a bit scary. However, In most cases you will not need to buy another size of shorts or leggings for your 3rd trimester. But in some cases some people may need to buy another size it just depends on the individual as everyone and everybody shape is different.
Is the emama long line crop suitable for larger cup sizes?
Yes. The emama long line crop is super supportive for both smaller and larger cup sizes! We use the same supaflex material that we do for our leggings and shorts so it is super stretchy for when you have given birth and your milk has come in allowing there to be enough room without that tight restrictive feeling. It is super comfortable to wear and the easy access clips make it super easy to feed your baby on the go! Perfect addition to your outift.
How To Pick The Right Maternity Activewear For You
There’s a common misconception out there that pregnancy means putting your life on hold for nine months. While you might have to make a few lifestyle adjustments (goodbye, Friday afternoon glass of wine), you don’t have to give up everything you love. One of the things you can still enjoy is a great workout a few times a week. At Emamaco, we understand how important it is for many women to remain fit and active, even during pregnancy. That’s why we designed and manufactured a line of high-quality maternity activewear that mums around the world adore. So, how can you pick the right maternity gym clothes for you? The Emamaco team has a few tips and tricks up our sleeve.
How Intense Is Your Exercise Routine?
The first thing you need to consider before looking for maternity fitness wear is the intensity of the exercise or sport you’ll be doing. This will dictate how much support you’ll need in your maternity exercise clothes.
- Low-intensity exercise. Yoga, swimming laps, or a brisk walk are all examples of relatively low-intensity exercise. You won’t need too much support from your maternity workout pants, and you should be able to wear the band under your bump. You won’t need too much support from your crop or sports bra either.
- Medium-intensity exercise. Aerobics, jogging, or cycling are medium-intensity exercises, and you’ll need a little more support from your maternity activewear. Ensure your maternity leggings or bike shorts cover your baby bump and that your crop top gives you an adequate amount of support.
- High-intensity exercise. If you plan on doing any hiking, rock climbing, team sports, weight training, running, or any other high-intensity activity, make sure you have the proper support from your maternity gym clothes. You need to invest in clothes that will support your bump properly. If you are in your late second or third trimester, make sure you consult your doctor on which sports and exercises are safe for you and your baby.
What Should You Avoid In Maternity Activewear?
When looking for maternity exercise clothes, there are a few things to avoid for the safety of you and your baby.
- Unnecessarily tight clothing. Unless you’re looking at specially designed compression maternity activewear, try to avoid tight clothing. You don’t want to inhibit blood flow or cause rashes and discomfort. At Emamaco, our maternity workout pants have been designed especially for pregnant women and are some of the most comfortable, supportive maternity clothing available. While they are form-fitting, they aren’t too tight or restrictive, instead providing supportive compression that helps relieve back pain and discomfort.
- Buying items that aren’t breastfeeding-friendly. As an expectant or new mother, you need crop tops and sports bras that work for you. The Emamaco, we have a range of nursing crops designed with you in mind. Not only are they flattering and incredibly comfortable, but they’re functional too.
- Buying uncomfortable activewear. Pregnancy isn’t always comfortable, so why should you make yourself even more uncomfortable with poorly designed clothing? Pick materials, cuts, and styles that make you feel and look fabulous while exercising.
How To Be Sure Your Maternity Exercise Clothes Are Giving You The Right Support
Your maternity activewear must be giving you enough support while you exercise, so make sure you look for these features in your clothing.
- Your clothes should grow with you. If you can, look for maternity fitness wear that you can wear from conception right through to post-natal. In most cases, Emamaco’s range of leggings and shorts will fit you right through your pregnancy, so you can rely on them as a staple.
- Choose a high-quality material. When shopping for maternity activewear, make sure you pick comfortable, premium fabrics. The Emamaco range is made from our uniquely engineered Supaflex material, designed with comfort, support, and functionality in mind.
- Look for glowing reviews. If there’s anyone’s opinion you should trust on maternity activewear, it’s other active mothers! If the clothing you’re looking at doesn’t have rave reviews online, it’s probably not a good investment.
Browse The Maternity Activewear Range At Emamaco Today
At Emamaco, we believe that women should have access to activewear that supports them throughout every stage of their lives. We’re passionate about designing activewear and shapewear that embraces and celebrates the female body with all its shapes, curves, and changes. We don’t try to hide femininity; we empower women to flaunt it. Whether you’re looking to keep active throughout pregnancy, looking for supportive clothing for post-pregnancy, or you’re just looking for comfortable, functional activewear that can take you from a hard workout to a nap on the couch without getting changed; Emamaco has something for everyone. If you’d like to browse our range of maternity activewear, head to our online store today.