Gym Shorts Women
Gym Shorts Women
“Can I Wear Bike Shorts All Day?”: The Golden Rules Of Athleisurewear
It’s no secret that activewear is comfortable. In fact, it’s so comfortable that you may be tempted to keep it on long after the gym session and wear it all day long. So, what if we told you that Emamaco’s gym shorts for women were so versatile that you could quite easily accessorise and create a street-style outfit that looks like it’s come right off the cover of Vogue? Read on for our tips and tricks to making women’s bike shorts a statement piece.
It’s All About Accessorising
When you have the key pieces in place, it doesn’t take much to take your look from the gym to the street. The real trick is accessorising with pieces that have a chic, sporty feel. Pair the following items with your Emamaco crop top and gym shorts for women for an incredibly stylish look.
- Mirrored aviators. The right pair of sunglasses will give your activewear outfit that little bit of edge needed to create a stylised, street fashion look.
- A structured leather jacket. A cropped leather jacket paired with a sports crop and form-fitting activewear leggings is an undeniably chic vibe.
- A small, sporty cross-body bag. The bum bag is an overdone accessory in the athleisurewear wardrobe. Instead, try incorporating a cute leather cross-body bag with a chain strap. If you can, match the metal to your sunglasses for a polished look.
Look At The Balance Between Function And Fashion
The purpose of activewear is to be comfortable and functional for exercise, so your pieces will have to find that sweet spot between practical and statement. Here are our tips for spotting the perfect details to go from the gym to brunch in.
- Look for flexible fabrics. The last thing you want is for your clothing to be see-through when you stretch, so you need to find pieces made from high-quality materials. At Emamaco, we’ve designed our bike shorts for womens’ comfort and versatility. We’ve used our unique Supaflex fabric, a lightweight, high-density fabric designed with four-way stretch for your peace of mind. No matter what you’re doing, your clothing won’t be transparent.
- Comfort is key. When it comes to gym shorts, female comfort is paramount. You need to feel empowered to go from a heavy workout at the gym to lunch with the girls, followed by an afternoon nap without changing clothes. The Emamaco range is ideal for those who want to be comfortable on those busy days on the run.
- Think about the final look. Now, when we say fashion, your old faded gym tank top will not make the cut. Street-style activewear needs to have clean finishes and aesthetic cuts to toe the line between functional and fashionable. You need perfectly form-fitting leggings or women’s bike shorts, brand name sweaters or crop tops, and clean sneakers or boots that match your overall look.
Invest In Neutral Colours
If you’re new to wearing your women’s bike shorts outside of the gym, one of the easiest ways to trial some new looks is to invest in a neutral colour palette.
- Black. Black. No wardrobe is complete with some black staple items, and an activewear wardrobe is no different. It’s a universally flattering colour, and it goes with nearly everything, so don’t be afraid to stock up on black leggings, bike shorts, and crop tops.
- White.White. For the more daring amongst us, white is a bright, youthful colour to integrate into your activewear wardrobe. If you plan to wear your white items to the gym, the Emamaco team suggests investing in some colour-safe bleach to keep your clothes from discolouring.
- Grey. Grey. There’s something so sporty about the colour grey, and we love the chance to slip on a grey sweater or t-shirt, and it’s a great staple colour to have on hand in your activewear wardrobe.
Context Is Everything
While you can quickly turn your gym outfit into a fashionable, edgy athleisure wear look, remember the context of each situation and dress appropriately.
- Yes to activewear: brunch with the girls. If you’re catching up for some eggs benedict and a latte, we don’t see the harm in dressing up your Emamaco gym shorts for women.
- No to activewear: your friend’s engagement party. Unless they’re very relaxed, you might want to ditch the leggings for something else.
- Yes to activewear: working from home. There’s nothing better than working from the comfort of your kitchen table, so why not do it in style? Dress up your staple activewear threads and enjoy your work from home day.
- No to activewear: a baby shower. Whether the baby is yours or a friend’s, you’re going to want beautiful photos of the day, so leave the crop top at home. However, if you’re looking for the perfect present for the mum-to-be, Emamaco has a range of super-comfy maternity leggings that are sure to be a hit.
If You’re Looking For Fashionable Gym Shorts For Women, Emamaco Has You Covered
At Emamaco, we believe that women should have access to activewear that supports them throughout every stage of their lives. We’re passionate about designing activewear and shapewear that embraces and celebrates the female body with all its shapes, curves, and changes. We don’t try to hide femininity; we empower women to flaunt it. Whether you’re looking to keep active throughout pregnancy, looking for supportive clothing for post-pregnancy, or you’re just looking for comfortable, functional activewear that can take you from a hard workout to a nap on the couch without getting changed; Emamaco has something for everyone. If you’d like to browse our range of gym shorts for women, head to our online store today.